At Château Beaumont we believe that making language fun is the most important way to encourage children to want to learn a language. Pupils in years 5 and 6 are at an ideal age to practise French: they are naturally enthusiastic, keen to try new things and quick to learn, which makes a school trip to Château Beaumont an opportunity not to be missed.
Years 5 & 6
The children have lots of fun but are very keen to speak French:
- Children are encouraged to ask for meals in French, including Hot Chocolate at bedtime.
- Your Group Leader will prompt the Group to use lots of French on the coach and whenever you meet
- Instructors will refer to the activities in French and will encourage use of French
- Locals at our cultural visits are always patient and helpful
- We have worksheets that focus on vocabulary
If you have any specific requests or requirements, please contact us and we will do our very best to help