Listed below is information you may wish to refer to whilst planning and preparing for your visit.
Planning Your Visit
The price of Château Beaumont trips includes our comprehensive insurance cover. Cover includes:
- Baggage and personal effects covered to £500 for children and £1,000 for adults
- Personal Accident benefits up to £20,000
- Medical expenses up to £5,000,000
- 24-hour medical emergency service
- Personal Liability up to £1m
- Curtailment of activities up to £15 per day (to a maximum of £120)
- Organiser’s Liability up to £5,000,000
- Travel delay up to £100
Travel arrangements to Château Beaumont trips are as follows:
- Return travel from your school to the Château by coach and ferry is organised for you, by us.
- All of our fully executive coaches have toilet, DVD player, air-conditioning and seatbelts in accordance with UK law
- All drivers are experienced PCV licenced and CRB checked.
- Over the years we have vetted our coach companies and only ever use a select few. This ensures you get a high standard of coach and an efficient, helpful and courteous coach driver, who will be with you for the duration of your trip to France.
- The coach will normally be a 49-seater for a booking of 35 students. However, we regularly accommodate larger groups too.
Our standard ferry crossings are:
- The P&O Dover-Calais route, which takes approximately 1hr 30mins.
- The Brittany ferries Portsmouth-Caen route, which takes approximately 6 hours, but greatly reduces the coach travel time in France. A supplement applies to this crossing.
- The Euro Tunnel, which takes approximately 35 minutes from Folkestone to Calais. A small supplement is applicable.
Accommodation at Château Beaumont is as follows:-
- Accommodation is provided in three separate dormitory blocks with the children’s rooms sleeping between 6 and 14; all of these are en-suite.
- Teachers have mostly single or occasionally twin rooms, the majority of which are also en-suite. All have tea and coffee making facilities.
- Security is ensured through door entrance codes, security lighting and the Duty Manager who secures all buildings at lights out.
Meals at Château Beaumont are as follows:
- Meals at the Château are home-cooked, nutritional and filling.
- Meals have a slightly French flavour whilst still catering for the likes and dislikes of young people.
- Meals are taken in the Château dining room whilst on site.
- Packed lunches are provided when the group is out on an excursion and on the day of departure.
- A sample menu can be found in the downloads section.
The facilities at Château Beaumont ensure that your group enjoy every moment of their school trip to France.
- Teachers’ Retreat with refrigerator, Sky television, tea and coffee
- Students’ Common Room with TV, video and “babyfoot”
- Basketball Court
- Football Pitch
- Games Hall
- Classroom Facilities
- Chapel Cinema, which doubles as the perfect spot for nighttime story telling
- Tuck Shop with reasonably priced souvenirs, sweets, postcards, stamps etc.
- Payphone for use by children and teachers – coin operated.