Planning Your Visit
The price of Château Beaumont trips includes our comprehensive insurance cover.
- Baggage and personal effects covered to £500 for children and £1,000 for adults
- Personal Accident benefits up to £20,000
- Medical expenses up to £5,000,000
- 24-hour medical emergency service
- Personal Liability up to £1m
- Curtailment of activities up to £15 per day (to a maximum of £120)
- Organiser’s Liability up to £5,000,000
- Travel delay up to £100
NB: Only those elements of the visit arranged by Château Beaumont will be covered by the policy.
Travel arrangements to Château Beaumont trips are as follows:
- Return travel from your school to the Château by coach and ferry is organised for you, by us.
- All of our fully executive coaches have toilet, DVD player, air-conditioning and seatbelts in accordance with UK law
- All drivers are experienced PCV licenced and CRB checked.
- Over the years we have vetted our coach companies and only ever use a select few. This ensures you get a high standard of coach and an efficient, helpful and courteous coach driver, who will be with you for the duration of your trip to France.
- The coach will normally be a 49-seater for a booking of 35 students. However, we regularly accommodate larger groups too.
Our standard ferry crossings are:
- The P&O Dover-Calais route, which takes approximately 1hr 30mins.
- The Brittany ferries Portsmouth-Caen route, which takes approximately 6 hours, but greatly reduces the coach travel time in France. A supplement applies to this crossing.
- The Euro Tunnel, which takes approximately 35 minutes from Folkestone to Calais. A small supplement is applicable.
- Accommodation is provided in three separate dormitory blocks with the children’s rooms sleeping between 6 and 14; all of these are en-suite.
- Teachers have mostly single or occasionally twin rooms, the majority of which are also en-suite. All have tea and coffee making facilities.
- Security is ensured through door entrance codes, security lighting and the Duty Manager who secures all buildings at lights out.
Meals at Château Beaumont are as follows:
- Meals at the Château are home-cooked, nutritional and filling.
- Meals have a slightly French flavour whilst still catering for the likes and dislikes of young people.
- Meals are taken in the Château dining room whilst on site.
- Packed lunches are provided when the group is out on an excursion and on the day of departure.
- A sample menu can be found in the downloads section.
The facilities at Château Beaumont ensure that your group enjoy every moment of their school trip to France.
- Teachers’ Retreat with refrigerator, Sky television, tea and coffee
- Students’ Common Room with TV, video and “babyfoot”
- Basketball Court
- Football Pitch
- Games Hall
- Classroom Facilities
- Chapel Cinema, which doubles as the perfect spot for nighttime story telling
- Tuck Shop with reasonably priced souvenirs, sweets, postcards, stamps etc.
- Payphone for use by children and teachers – coin operated.
Accompanying teachers must supervise the above children’s activities.